Who doesn’t love a soft pretzel? Unlike their hard grocery store counterparts, these pretzels are warm and buttery, and virtually melt-in-your-mouth. Golden-brown on the outside, yet soft and chewy on the inside, there is nothing quite like ‘em.
If we have you craving a soft pretzel right about now, here are some delicious recipes to try in your very own kitchen. Pretzels are fun and fairly easy to make at home with basic, inexpensive ingredients found in your kitchen pantry cabinet! So sprinkle a little flour on your kitchen island countertops and let’s get twisting!
Start with the basics.
We like this recipe for Hot Buttered Soft Pretzels from King Arthur Flour because it’s virtually fool-proof — and undeniably scrumptious. You can make the dough by hand or in a bread machine, or pull up your heavy-duty mixer lift and use a dough hook. The easy-to-follow recipe makes eight pretzels, and calls for just four simple ingredients from your kitchen pantry cabinet: flour, sugar, salt and yeast. You’ll also need some baking soda dissolved in warm water from the kitchen sink, to bathe your pretzels before baking. This step is what gives soft pretzels their golden-brown color and helps the salt to stick. After 8-9 minutes in the oven, brush your soft pretzels in melted butter, or for a new twist on an old favorite, skip the salt and dip your hot buttered pretzels in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon from your spice drawer. For the complete recipe and instructions from King Arthur Flour, plus tips to perfect your technique, click here.
Now that you know how to make a basic soft pretzel, it’s time to get twisted! From fresh herbs or sweet raisins mixed in the dough, to savory cheese stuffed pretzels dipped in honey mustard (with bourbon from your bar cabinet), here are just a few creative recipes for soft pretzels to make in your very own kitchen!
- Whole Wheat Soft Pretzels from Good Cheap Eats
- Parmesan Garlic Herb Soft Pretzels from Little Pastry Chef
- Everything Bagel Pretzels from Life Made Simple
- Honey Beer Pretzels from The Little Epicurean
- Cinnamon-Raisin Soft Pretzels from Taste of Home
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Pretzels from A Kitchen Addiction
- Mozzarella Stuffed Rosemary and Parmesan Soft Pretzels from Baker by Nature
- Spinach Dip Stuffed Pretzels from Food Network
- Cheddar Stuffed Soft Pretzels with Bourbon Honey Mustard from This Celebrated Life
- Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Soft Pretzels from Sugar and Wine
At The RTA Store, we help make your dream home a reality with RTA (ready to assemble) and pre-assembled cabinets and accessories. Whether it’s your kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, home office, home bar, or TV room, we offer the same (if not better) quality you would find at any retail store, but for a fraction of the price. Stop by our website or give us a call, and let us make your dreams come true with the help of our free room design service.