Have you always dreamed of having a soothing, spa-like bathroom in your own home? Transforming your bathroom into a place of tranquility and relaxation doesn’t have to take a lot of work, or break the bank. Here are a few simple tips to help you get started.
Organize Your Linen Closet
It’s easy to accumulate a large collection of old and mismatched bedding, towels and washcloths that you wouldn’t exactly want your guests to see. First off, sort and organize everything in your linen closet. Decide what you should keep, what you should donate, what you should throw away, and what you should buy new. Try to limit yourself to three sets of sheets per bed, and three sets of towels per person (including bath towels, hand towels and washcloths). Keeping things simple and tidy can have a calming effect.
How to Neatly Fold Bath Towels and Sheets
Follow these easy steps to neatly sort and fold for a more organized linen closet:
• Lay out fitted sheet on a flat surface with fitted corners up.
• Fold fitted sheet in half horizontally, tucking the fitted top corners into the fitted bottom corners. If your sheets have gathered sides, tuck them into each other.
• Fold lengthwise so that all four fitted corners are on top of one another. Again, slide the top set of corners into the bottom set.
• Fold the sheet in half again, and fold over the smooth end to finish.
• Follow by folding the top sheet in half horizontally.
• Fold top sheet lengthwise, then in half again horizontally.
• Smooth to finish and place on top of fitted sheet.
• Fold matching pillow case(s) and place on top.
• To fold a large bath towel, first pick it up so that the front is facing you. Grasp it by the two corners lengthwise, and tuck the center under your chin to pin it down.
• Fold the towel in half by bringing your arms together in front of you. Hold the corner in one hand, and grasp the portion supported by your chin with the other hand. Shake the towel gently to smooth, and fold in half again.
• Next, grasp the corners lengthwise again. Bring one side toward the middle, and fold it halfway.
• Bring the other side towards the middle, overlapping the first fold to create three even layers. This will make a neat bundle that is easy to stack in your linen closet.
• Place a matching washcloth on top of each towel.
Sorting Toiletries for Easy Access
Sorting through your bathroom cabinet space doesn’t have to be a headache. Get the project done with a few easy steps:
• Completely empty all the spaces where you are storing toiletries. Remember to check all drawers, shower organizers, cupboards, etc.
• Spray down the empty spaces with your favorite all-purpose cleaner, wipe the area clean, and line with pretty paper.
• Toss any toiletries that you haven’t used in the past three months. It may seem harsh, but the more you let go of, the more space you will have for the toiletries you actually use!
• Group like-items together for easy access. Have a lot of small-sized toiletries? Organize them together in a bin or basket. The same goes for hair dryers and styling tools.
• Install pullout shelves to easily utilize hard to reach places and make the most of your space.
Stick With A Serene Color Palette
When designing a spa-like retreat, it’s best to choose serene colors for your walls and accessories. To give your bathroom a relaxing and rejuvenating feel, choose subtle grays, soft greens, crisp whites, warm taupe, pale blue, or aqua. Stick with the trendy tone on tone look, or choose two or three colors that complement each other without being too bold. Think about proportion and rely on a 70/20/10 ratio. The lightest color should be 70 percent of the room’s decor, the second lightest should be 20 percent, and the richest color should be 10 percent.
Designate A Beautiful Main Focal Point
Complete the look of your spa bathroom with a new bathroom vanity as a beautiful main focal point. The Centra 24” Single Bathroom Vanity Set in Espresso from TheRTAStore comes with a variety of countertop finishes such as Green Glass or Ivory Marble, perfect for any spa retreat. Simplicity and elegance combine to create this modern, chic vanity set built to last a lifetime. Looking for something more traditional? The Premiere 72” Double Bathroom Vanity Set in White blends the simple lines of Modern design with timeless Shaker elements, for a vanity at home in any bath.
Give your bathroom a simple makeover and create a soothing, calming space. Follow the steps above and create an elegant, spa-like bathroom you can enjoy for life!
Did you know TheRTAStore is more than just kitchen cabinets? We have bathroom vanities in every style, shape, size, finish and budget to turn your dream bathroom into a reality. Then, finish it off with decorative mirrors, linen cabinets, accessories, and more. Contact us today and utilize our top-rated, free design service (it’s not just for kitchens!) to create the bathroom you’ve only dreamt about!