The kitchen is the heart of your home. People gather in your kitchen every day for food and family time, so it's important that it's an inviting and functional space. If you're looking to re-design your kitchen, here are 6 tips to make sure it reflects both your style and your needs.
1. Choose a style that suits your personality and your home. Your decor should flow well from room to room and complement the design of your house. When choosing colors for your cabinets and walls, coordinate the two by using paint samples. It's also smart to get samples from any crown molding and the in paint your surrounding rooms, too. If your kitchen doesn't get much natural light, go for lighter colors to make the space feel brighter and more open.
2. Pick a focal point. Select one element in the kitchen to focus on and decorate around it. Whether it's an eye-catching backsplash or a copper sink, Better Homes & Gardens says having a focal point will make it easier to make good design decisions and ensure the decor isn't too busy.
3. Save time cleaning. Choose materials that are easy to clean and maintain. Using lighter colors will hide dust better than darker colors, giving you a little extra time between cleanings. Better Homes & Gardens also agrees: Matte finishes hide dirt and fingerprints better than glossy finishes.
4. Coordinate your appliances with your style. If you're going for a minimalist look with Shaker-style cabinets, try simple and sleek stainless steel appliances. A French country style? A hood over your stove-top can make your space feel authentic and glamorous.
5. Make life easier for yourself with a convenient layout. Make sure the things you use most are close by and accessible. Adding an island or a cart is a great way to add storage space or counter space where you need it.
6. Create space for entertainment. Bring the family together with counter-top seating in the kitchen. If you love hosting parties, consider adding a bar to organize and display your extra party supplies.
To visualize your space and bring your ideas to life, try our free kitchen design tool. We can make your dream kitchen a reality with designer-quality cabinetry at a fraction of the retail cost. Check out our RTA (ready-to-assemble), pre-assembled kitchen cabinets, and top-notch kitchen accessories. Learn more from our website or give us a call today at 877-992-2246.